Friday, August 1, 2008

Is The Cpc The Blackberrys Nemesis

Writen by Brenda Fleen

The trouble with Blackberries is that they don't connect with wi-fi. But the manner by which they are able to send and receive e-mails, and lately SMS as well as IM, can get really addictive. In fact, they won't call the Blackberry a "Crackberry" for nothing. The Electron 8700r, for instance, runs on a 850/900/1800/1900 MHz processor, is GSM/GPRS/EDGE enabled, and has an integrated phone with speakerphone in one. It's also Bluetooth-enabled, so you can guess how this has become a genuinely multi-tasking tool for mobile workers.

Before I tell you just where to get the best deals on the Blackberry, let me just assure you that this handheld, despite being a new mobile tool, has been invading the market only recently. Most companies all over the world provide Blackberries to their employees to make sure that their people are always informed of latest happenings in their corporate circuit. Because of the ease of use, the Blackberry has been transformed into the quintessential tool for the guy on the road. So much to the point that he may even complain that he is suffering from "Blackberry Thumb."

But the Blackberry persists. I don't look at it as an addictive gadget, but as a great help to my everyday tasks. I can go anywhere with only my Electron 8700r in my backpack. The trouble is, when I'm located in a wi-fi hotspot, I'm lost. Sure, I can send SMS, browse the web, and chat on Yahoo client, but the subscription costs can get to my budget. Of course, this works with just about any mobile device that supports WAP, so I really have no choice but to grin and bear it. That's why I'm always on the lookout for the best discount shopping deals. One of the best places where I found Blackberry discounts is at EAccess Solutions (http://www.eaccess.com/Rebate_Center.htm). Choose your model from Cingular, Nextel, Verizon, and T-Mobile; and if you purchase them on certain dates listed in the site, you get rebates for your Blackberries.

Another place to find great deals is at the Blackberry Source Clearance Sale. View your Blackberry and Blackberry accessories, cases, chargers, holsters, holders, pouches, batteries, and other knick-knacks and order them at discounted prices. Check them out at www.blackberrysource.com -- these products are sold at limited time. Usually, I get my accessories at these discount shopping stores and at Shopping.com, if some unwitting (and perhaps recuperating) Blackberry addict decides to sell his holster or charger at half the price. Somehow this stretches my budget and allows me to save my c-notes on other more important, and probably more high-tech gadgets such as the cPC from Dualcor Technologies.

Although I'm talking about Blackberries and mobile computer devices in general, I'm more inclined into thinking that the mobile devices have so far been the most evolved gadgets these days, thanks to our diligent technological researchers and trend setters. The cPC from Dualcor, I imagine, is going to bowl over the Blackberry users since it supports wi-fi and lasts a hell lot longer than other integrated mobile devices. For example, the sole reason that the mobile phone and the entire PC package is difficult to integrate is the fact that the battery life can only last for so long -- and you can't possibly recharge them while you're on the road. Doing so erases the concept of mobility that it promises. For this reason, the invention of the cPC from Dualcor troubleshoots that problem and offers a lot more advantage than we expect.

The cPC, according to the manufacturers, is sold at around $1,500. This price can be so steep compared to a Blackberry, but hey, we're talking mobile phone integrated with a real PC here! Folks who are planning to buy the cPC shouldn't be so surprised, since as soon as they use it, I don't think they would be asking for more. Today, it's still quite early to come up with a verdict. But the idea of a mobile phone running in Windows Mobile software, integrated to a PC running on Windows XP, and is as small as Palm pilot is nevertheless groundbreaking.

For more valuable information on discount shopping and discount travel, please visit http://www.shoppersdiscount.com

No comments: